The answers to the FAQs are not legally binding, they are given only as an information and are a summary of the general terms and conditions of insurance. Please check and download this document from this website.

1. Which persons are covered with my bank card?

The persons insured with your bank card are:
- the Holder of the Insured credit card, his/her spouse, common-law partner,
- his/her single children under age of 25, and if appropriate, children born during the coverage period.
- his/her adopted children single, under age of 25, till the date of the French adoption judgment civil registry notification
- the children of divorced or separated parents, who are not fiscally attached to the owner of the credit card.
- the ascendants or descendants in direct line, persons living with the owner of the insured card, under the terms of the contract 196A Bis from the CGI (holders of a disability card as stipulated in article L.241-3 of the French Family Code in the Ministry of Social Action and Family), or fiscally attached, or law maintenance paid to allow a tax reduction.
- the grandchildren, single, under age of 25, will only be covered if left with their grandparents, owners of the insured card and exclusively during the trip.

2. What are the main exclusions of my bank card insurance and assistance contract?

The exclusions of the insurance terms and conditions include:
- epidemics or infectious diseases of sudden onset including Covid-19 Coronavirus,
- the Insured willful misconduct;
- the insured's suicide or suicide attempt;
- fights, crimes, bets, insurrections, rebellions, demonstrations, riot, unless under self defense or to assist a person in danger, or during his/her professional activity;
- civil or foreign wars and their consequences ;
- pregnancy complications known before the departure for the trip.

3. Under which conditions am I covered with my bank card assistance and insurance contract?

To benefit from the insurance and assistance coverage of your bank card, you must :
- pay for transportation tickets, car rental, stay....) with your bank card before the date of the event implying the insurance coverage benefit concerned
- be in an Insured status
- travel for more than 100 km from your home or your usual working place, for a maximum of the first 90/180 days (depending on the type of bank card).

4. Am I covered by my Social Security System when I travel to Europe, one of the member states of the European Union /European Economic Area (EU/EEA) or Switzerland?

Before your departure, you will need to ask for your European Insurance Health Card (CEAM) from your Social Security. This card will provide coverage for the medical expenses depending on the rules and legislation of your host country.